A list of quotes that I find appealing on the Internet from a few wanderlust enthusiasts. I made sure I indicated who said the quotes as well. Let me know what you guys think and which other quotes you fancy when it comes to travel.
1. “For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
2. “To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.” – Aldous Huxley
3. “Travel, in the younger sort, is a part of education; in the elder, a part of experience.” – Francis Bacon
4. “Travel teaches toleration.” – Benjamin Disraeli
5. “The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” – Saint Augustine
6. “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.” – Marcel Proust
7. “A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” – Lao Tzu
8. “Experience, travel – these are as education in themselves” – Euripides
9. “I see my path, but I don’t know where it leads. Not knowing where I’m going is what inspires me to travel it.” – Rosalia de Castro
10. “Wandering re-establishes the original harmony which once existed between man and the universe. ” – Anatole France
I have more quotes to share, I will carry on with this in the next few months, the idea is too see if we could archive 500 of the greatest quotes of all time. Travel inspired that is.
- Quotes to Inspire… Travel – Part 1 (travelthongs.com)
- Best Travel Quotes (privateprovencetours.wordpress.com)
- Famous Quotes of Benjamin Disraeli (famous101.com)