A list of quotes that I find appealing on the Internet from a few wanderlust enthusiasts. I made sure I indicated who said the quotes as well. Let me know what you guys think and which other quotes you fancy when it comes to travel.
1. “For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
2. “To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.” – Aldous Huxley
3. “Travel, in the younger sort, is a part of education; in the elder, a part of experience.” – Francis Bacon
4. “Travel teaches toleration.” – Benjamin Disraeli
5. “The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” – Saint Augustine
6. “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.” – Marcel Proust
7. “A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” – Lao Tzu
8. “Experience, travel – these are as education in themselves” – Euripides
9. “I see my path, but I don’t know where it leads. Not knowing where I’m going is what inspires me to travel it.” – Rosalia de Castro
10. “Wandering re-establishes the original harmony which once existed between man and the universe. ” – Anatole France
I have more quotes to share, I will carry on with this in the next few months, the idea is too see if we could archive 500 of the greatest quotes of all time. Travel inspired that is.
Surfing the Internet continues to grow the anxiety that I hold dear, so reading on Matador I stumble upon an article (Click on image to see website) written by a fearless adventurer. He has seen places and blogged about it, the photos are amazing and his free eBook included is awe-inspiring.
If you would like to travel one day and you are not sure where to begin, check this website out for useful information.
How often do you look at the skies? Are you moved with awe when you see majestic sunsets and stunning clouds?
Here are a few pictures I put together in one camping night out with a friend, a tripod was used to keep the image still. I did not have the benefit of high ISO.
Time and again I walk down memory lane with the number of breathtaking sunsets I have managed to witness over a Bench and coffee. Walvis Bay, located on the coast of Namibia is a harbour town that has about 85000 souls, named after the Bay its on, it is also a tourist attraction for the many across Africa.
The long lagoon, the fresh smell of snails, dead sea weeds and bird droppings becomes a mystery that even the neat appreciate. German restaurants on the lagoon serve the best burgers, coffee and seafood, from where I stand, this is a place you ought to check out. Let me know how events turn out.
How often do you take images with your iPhone or iPad and really print them to meet your current need? Not always are they appealing but one could easily fall in a snare of not appreciating art.
My thought, capture a few shots and print them, place them around the house. Continue doing this over and over again, it improves your photography, this also includes your eye for detail and light.
Here is a link to a few instagram accounts you should be following. – http://www.forbes.com/sites/amadoudiallo/2013/10/28/10-great-instagram-photographers-you-should-follow/